Sunday 14 September 2008

Arsenal to announce record profits and LOTS more!

According to The Times Arsenal are set to announce record profits, making us the 3rd richest club in the world.

This time last year the turnover was reported to be £200.8m, this year it has rocketed to about £225m. Before tax its reported that the profits are nearing £40 million, and the operating profit over £50 million.

The advantage of the Emirates is now starting to show, and i don't expect the profits to stop growing, its a realistic prospect that on turnover and profit, this club could become the worlds richest.

This shows the benefit of the Emirates, Arsenal hosted 31 home matches last season to increase match-day revenue to more than £96m, while the club received an extra £17m in broadcasting revenue compared with the previous year. The wage bill is also in the lower 50% in the league on turnover, quite remarkable for a club of Arsenals size!

Now, to where the shit hits the fan. Everybody is suffering from the so called 'credit crunch'. Arsenal are no different. The club reported that 91% of the Highbury development flats had been sold, but, it is understood that buyers are ready to ditch their deposits. This means that the profit calculations need to be altered, maybe the club will wait until the market is on the up in a couple of years time.

The club is £245m in debt and servicing annual repayments of £24m, the Highbury Square development is vital to the debt repayment.

All in all though, the clubs future is looking fairly sweet!

So, onto other news and defensive midfielders. The shutting of the transfer window hasnt stopped the rumour mongers spouting off and another player to be linked with us for the January transfer window is Veloso. To be honest i dont see Wenger parting with 16 million.

Now, i told you about Carlos Luciano Silva or 'Mineiro‘ the other day. Young Guns has since reported that he took part in a behind the doors friendly with Fulham the other day, looks like he may well be joining. He would probably be happy to sit on the bench as well, i thought a few days ago that Wenger would no way go for him but then again, he does suprise everyone!

Adebayor has said that he is a team player after his treble yesterday, i hope he keeps his shooting boots on because if we keep up this rate of scoring it doesnt matter how many we concede because we will always be able to score more!

he said;

"People kept asking me when I was going to score my first goal in the league this season.

"But I told them it is more important that the team wins. We showed good character at Blackburn and that will help our confidence."


It does seem like the fans are starting to warm to him again as he puts the goals in. The Adebayooooooooor chants have started up again, yes, both of them.

I have found a nice little article about how Denilson is used. Im not sure who has written it but it has lots of good points about his strengths and weaknesses. I dont think he is a DM but do we need one? I think we need one that doesnt give away the stupid free kicks Denny does.

Niklas Bendtner has claimed that he is only going to get better, i think he could be much better than Adebayor, he does seem a lot more clinical. Nik said;

"You are going to see even more of me, I'm going to progress even more. The manager knows as well that I have plenty more to my game than has been shown. But as I said I'm sure it will come. When you see me play with my national team it's like when I was at Birmingham. Once I get a few games going then I don't see any problem."

He does think highly of himself, as shown by this response;

I ask if there are any weaknesses to his game. "No," is the succinct response. So what kind of striker are you? "I'm all round. I'm lucky I have the size. You have more power and you're more likely to hold the ball up when you're a tall guy. I'm fairly quick. For me, you have to believe in everything you do. There's a difference between arrogance and self-belief. Doubt is the enemy."

I think that is a good thing, without self-belief you cant be as good as you could be, he knows he is a good player and now he just has to show his improvement. I have a feeling he will be used to rest Adebayor in the Champions League games, the earlier ones anyway.

Clichy and Eboue are also doubts for the Kiev trip, Arsene said;

“They [Clichy & Eboue] will be assessed when we get back. It’s not looking too good for either of them”

Looks like Gibbs or Gallas may have to take the left back role.

I said there was lots today, whenever i mention Dynamo Kiev i think of chicken Kiev's, im hungry now.

Back Tomorrow Afternoon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://arsenalcolumn.wordpress.com/2008/09/11/arsenal-revenue-statistics/

Echoes what is say on my analysis.

Wrighty7 said...

Hi mate.

The links up.

Keep up the good work and if you need any help let me know.

Gooner14 said...

hey mate,

good blog. yesterday's game was the shit. Defensive frailities are a problem though.

Anyways, fancy a link excahnge? my blogs located at

www.hailgunners.blogspot.com

Gooner14 said...

setting up one now mate!

Yeah, I've also just started it out. And i guess we all need as much help as we can get. I couldn't agree more, the Stat meter is really becoming a pain. Haha

Gooner14 said...

well, the way I got it setup was by mailing them at info@goonernews.com and told them I wanted to get the blog added. They mailed me with the code and shit, I put it up, but whenever I post, it doesn't show on goonernews.com

I remialed them and they said smtg is wrong with the RSS feed and blah.

Thugh, i'm not putting you off, but thats how i did it. Get your blog listed on soccerlinks and top of blogs etc. That helps too. Advertise on orkut, Fuck, I got a ton of visitors through that

Gooner14 said...

okay, links up as well

Gooner14 said...

oh no worries mate.

I'd do all I can to support your blog.