Saturday 27 September 2008

Hull preview, Denilson and Wenger on leaving

Arsene wenger has said that he will decide his managerial future in 2011. It will be then when he will have served 15 years as Arsenal manager and even he concedes he didn't expect to last this long;

"To be honest I would have laughed if someone had said I'd be here for 12 years.

“I was lucky in my career. I stayed for seven years in Monaco which is a good record in France, so in 19 years I had two clubs. Just to be a manager for 19 years needs luck.
He has made this club what it is, without him we would be a mediocre mid-table team and with a name like 'Arsene' you can tell he was born to manage this club. The guy is one of my heroes and i will be eternally grateful of what he has done for this club.

He said yesterday that he has not thought about his contract and is just focusing on the job in hand;

“I've not thought about my contract,” he said. “I will give myself to the end of my contract in 2011 and then have a serious check-point. You don't want as well to go on too long.

“I don't want to walk away at the moment, but in two or three years things can change in any job.

You just have to admire him, is there any other manager apart from Sir Alex and Arsene that stick to their word and their contracts? I dont like SA but i think he has done a brilliant job at Man Utd and as the two of them grow older i think they are starting to admire what both have done for the clubs, the league and the world of football. Wenger also admits that he is not setting an age to retire, even though he promised his wife!;

"But I said to my wife ‘at 55 I stop, I promise you’. And at 55 I said ‘60’.

“Now I just don't speak about it any more!"

You devil you Arsene!

He also admits that he has only built two Arsenal sides, athough most argue he has built four, i think the 98 double showed that he has the skill to get something out of a team without buying in players, it shows his personal skills along with his teambuilding skills;

“I feel I have completely created maybe two teams, The first one [in 1998] I did not create, I had an exceptional ‘old-guard’ at the back.

“I think I added something to this team and we were successful. But Adams, Bould, Keown, Winterburn, Seaman, Dixon - they were already here. I added the offensive force but Bergkamp was already here when I arrived as well.”


The legend also confirmed that he has had chances to leave Arsenal but never even considered it;

“I was offered the chance to leave but I never considered leaving,

"The longer I stay the more difficult it becomes to envisage leaving. But I know one thing - you have to prepare yourself.

"You have to work inside the Club like you will spend your whole life there. But as well you have to accept the idea it can stop from one minute to the next.

"But that is basically life as well - you expect to live for 100 years but you can die from one minute to the next."

To be honest i don't even want to imagine the man leaving, he is Arsenal and Arsenal will be a totally different club without him!

Now onto Rosicky, the boss has said that it may be two days or two months before he is back, and concedes he is speechless over the niggling injury;

"I believe that all the checks we made are reassuring, but it's difficult to say, It's an inflammation that's going on in his leg that has to settle, to calm down."

“We are a little bit speechless on that at the moment because we feel it is all going well. It is a problem of re-coordinating his muscle with the exercises he does.

"There's nothing really that harms his future, but, as well nobody can tell me on the 10th of December he will play.

“He can be on the 31st of December, he can be on the 10th of November, nobody knows with him. In the next two months he should be back but what date, nobody knows.”

He is a vital part of Arsenal and he improves an already brilliant team, hopefully he will be alright and be back soon!

Young midfielder Denilson has targeted the double this season, pretty ambitious but there is nothing wrong in that. I hope the lad keeps improving because he has the potential to be a hell of a footballer, and hopefully he can fulfill his potential with Arsenal as Arsene watches another of his gems grow into a diamond.

Now, onto the Hull game.

Sadly it kicks off at gone 5 so i wont be able to watch the game, or match of the day later as im out. Meaning i will have to rely on internet highlights!

Anyway i predict we will win 3 or 4 - 0, the strongest team will be out there and i reckon Van Persie and Ade will grab a couple of goals and i wouldn't rule one out for Theo as well. To be honest if we don't get 3 points from this game we shouldn't be in the title race this season. We should batter them.

I will try and put a few streams up for you lot, hope you enjoyed reading.

Back tomorrow evening.

2 comments:

Gooner14 said...

lmao, how can you label floyd as ballads? :O they are the finest band ever to come out of england.

Tool kicks ass too.

Anyways, the game, man I hope we get to see 6 or 7 tonight as well :P

the youth team has spoilt us, I blame them for having our expectations so damn high! haha

Gooner14 said...

lmao @ the disclaimer.

Whatever the case with nasri is, I still believe the left hand side of our midfield is jinxed. I blame the sp*rs, what with Pires' rather excellent record aginast those ***** :@

United and chelsea are 1-0 up at the moment. Liverpool got all 3 points as well.

Speaking of ballads, I'm sure you've heard november rain etc?