Monday 8 September 2008

Cesc and Simpson are good role-models.

Looking through all the so called 'stories' today Ive managed to pick out two decent ones. The rest are all made up, past their sell by date or just annoying.

But before i talk about Cesc and Jay, apparently Stephane M'Bia rejected the chance to join us on deadline day, but is open to a move in January. Yeah... Ok, maybe we won't want you then?

Anyway. In the Northants Chronicle and Echo i found this little article on Cesc's recent international exploits. He says;

"They always substitute me when we are winning. This suggests that I need to be better in defence to be a more complete midfielder.

"I want to improve, to be a complete midfielder and show to everyone that I can play in both positions, as much in attack as defence."

He is on about getting subbed when he is playing for Spain and it just shows his passion for the Spanish shirt and his fantastic attitude because this is a kid that left home for a different country and culture at a ridiculously young age, simply to fulfil his dream of being a world class footballer.

The guys a legend.

Jay Simpson also comes across as having a good attitude too, saying he is happy to wait at Arsenal and do whatever the boss wants him too;

“If the Boss would like me to go out on loan again this season then I will do. If he needs me to stay I’ll stay. Like everybody, I just want to play, especially after playing all of last year. But it’s down to him and I’m happy to be at Arsenal.”

He puts lots of his physical progression down to his loan spell last season, having to put up with being kicked and improving his ball retention.

“The loan spell definitely helped me a lot on the physical side,” he told Arsenal.com. “My ball retention with defenders behind me has really improved. In League One, they like to get into you and give you a kick. It was a very good experience for me and I feel it’s something that I’ve brought back to Arsenal."

I'm
not sure if he will make it, but i hope he does. I thought he was actually 21 but it says he is 19 in the article so there is always a chance he develops more as he gets older. He has talent that lad, i really hope he makes it.

Anyways, not much more else on. Hope you keep reading. Take care.

No comments: