Friday 26 September 2008

Wenger, tackles, Platini, Cesc and youth

To start with then, Cesc Fabregas has spoken of how the young gunners are keeping him awake at night. No, its not them playing with their little kiddie toys, its their class on the pitch that worries him, he reckons they will be after his first team slot soon and recognizes the fact that he has to raise his game;

“I cannot go to sleep as one day or other they will want to play more and more and the manager will want them to play more.

“I will have to be better and better. Wilshere, Ramsey, Merida — they all play in my position. This is great for me. I love competition.

“If the players are so young you can feel your place is too secure.

“So it’s fantastic to have competition — to wake you up and make you a better player.”

Well if he raises his game he will be a truly sensational player, and you know what, the guy is years away from hitting his peak and thats a very scary thought for the opposition.

He has also pledged his future to the Gunners, as long as we continue to play football the way we do he will not go;

“It was not a hard thing for me to stay. I was really relaxed during the summer because I knew I was going to stay at Arsenal.

“I am so happy here that I will never think about moving as long as things keep going the way they are.

“For me it’s not a problem. My mentality is the same since the day I signed for the club.

“What’s the point in having millions and millions in the bank if you don’t enjoy playing and you are not happy?

“I am happy, I love the way we are playing and the fact I’m still here after three season’s without winning anything means something.

“It’s because I love the game, I love the club and I love the way we play football.

“I really enjoy the way we play on the field and for me, that’s the most important thing.”

What a legend he is, a truly remarkable player. I hope we get the success he deserves.

He says when this side wins something it will be very, very special;

“I won the FA Cup and that was a great feeling but I won it with Patrick Vieira, Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp – the team was already done.

“To win something with this team that is completely new would be something really special. I really want to do it.”

You know what? i really think we can win any competition, we are good enough and after all, we've got Cesc Fabregas!

Sticking on the subject of youth, Wenger has spoken about why he didn't sign a player on deadline day, the youth we have. The Genius said;

“I believe we have many good players here and we try to sort out any problems collectively as a team,

“We lost some top-class players in the summer but we always try to produce good young players and develop them. I always feel with the youth policy, the Club has a security and even if one or two players leave, we are strong enough to cope with it.

“I was convinced by our season last year that we are strong enough to challenge again.

“Of course it is a long, long race, but we want to show we have confidence and belief in our players plus we have the stamina to do it.

“Having been in that position before, our determination not to lose our advantage is certainly greater than ever.

“We experienced a big frustration last season and, in a highly-competitive league, we want to stay where we are.

“We were very close last year and it will be close again. We want to show we have learned.”

Well who could argue with him, we will see if he is right in the last couple of months in the season when the shite usually hits the fan and things get all sticky. I think this season really could be the making of these young players. They have potential that beggars belief.

He also stated his thoughts on what constitutes a tough tackle;

"A defender has to be tough and committed, for me if tough is committed I don’t have a problem with it. If tough is the desire to hurt your opponent it’s not acceptable because that’s not the game.

And thats fair enough, but as he also says, you have to stick to the rules,

"The beauty of sport is to win in respect of the rules. If us as managers start to say we don’t have to respect the rules then it can’t be accepted. That’s in boxing, in football, in every sport. You have to respect the rules.

When you get clubs cheating points off you you have a right to be angry, when your players get kicked off the park its not football, its assault. What happens from this is evident in the injury to the Hull player the other week and our very own Eduardo.

The buffoon at the head of UEFA, Platini, has said that he was a bit harsh on Wenger the other day;

"I was too hard on Arsene.

"My dad [Aldo Platini] told me off. He was the one who gave him [Wenger] his break (at Nancy)."

But still went on to have a moan at Wengers policies;

"When I talk about business, what I am talking about is recruiting players when they are 13 or 14. I can't stand it."
What is wrong in making a childs dream come true Platini? what is wrong in making sure kids become the best players they can possibly be. Just look at Fabregas.


Thats about it for today, take care.

More tomorrow.

2 comments:

Gooner14 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gooner14 said...

lol, I rate wilshire and ramsey and merida and denilson too :P but cesc is in a league of his own own. haha

btw, are you into pink floyd?