Wednesday 10 September 2008

Let us pray

For a big black hole to swallow up all the International stadiums before the Internationals kick off because sods law says that most of our team will return back injured.

After the last break Arsenal played one of the worst games i have ever seen. Yes, that defeat at Fulham. Arsene has said that this time we really need to perform, we have 3 very tough away games in a row and if we come out of those with any dropped points we will be off the pace even more.

Arsene said;

"You know last time when the players went on international duty, we were left with two players," he said after the 3-0 victory against Newcastle.

"The earliest come back on Thursday midday, you play on Saturday afternoon and you have to be at your best, because when you play at Arsenal you have to be at your best.

"So let's hope first that everybody comes back without any injury and, secondly, with a positive experience. It is of course a worrying time for the managers."

I think international breaks are ridiculous, well, its ridiculous to have 2 international breaks so early in the season, just as teams get settled they are jetting off all over the globe to take on some team from Timbuktu.

God help us if any players get injured because we will be well and truly in the shit with the current injury list; Rosicky, Eduardo, Diaby, Silvestre and Bischoff. The squad is small but with current injurys its tiny.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas claims he is unfazed by stepping up into the first team,

“Obviously if I’m performing well then good things will happen, You wouldn’t believe how happy I am, for them to value me enough to offer me a pro contract at my age means a lot. It is one of the dreams you have as an aspiring footballer

.

"It was a quality experience to play in the first team and it was a much quicker tempo than what I’m used to in the Under-18s.

“It was the biggest crowd I’ve played in front of but I wasn’t nervous because of that. If anything I was nervous to be given the opportunity in the first team. It was a big step for me.

“I didn’t even know I’d be playing until the day we were leaving, it definitely put a big smile on my face. It was a friendly tournament so I thought it would be a nice relaxed game but I was wrong.”

he looks a decent prospect, always good to see the English youngsters come through, hopefully he is good enough. Good luck to the kid.

Thats all today really, hopefully Theo gets another start tonight...

Leave me comments on any topic you want, i need something to write about tomorrow!

Also, dont forget the games section if you are fed up with working!

Laterzzzzz brothers. As the saying goes.


Why so serious?

No comments: